Friday, July 15, 2011

My first "overnight" recipe!

Overnight Coffee Cake
I am always looking for great, new coffee cake recipes. I have never tried doing an overnight one so this was a first for me! If you're like me and don't normally have buttermilk on hand, you can just use 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice and the remainder milk. After this sat in the fridge overnight, covered with foil, I threw it into the oven with the foil on it. I think that kept the moisture in it. Next time I may remove the foil as I normally bake coffee cakes with nothing covering it. I tend to follow recipes to a "t", especially the first time.  Then I may tweak it to my own liking.

 My thoughts: This was moist and tasty.  Goes well with your morning coffee, but not the best I've ever had. If you are looking for something easy, I highly recommend it. I might add more nuts for more flavor.  This recipe can be found on allrecipes.com. Click on this link for the recipe. 

4 comments:

  1. so cool that you have a blog! this is making me hungry looking at its scrumptiousness :) i'm your second follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. count me in as a follower too. I always see all the yummy looking pictures and think, I want that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracy! I just saw your brand new blog! Welcome!! If you decide to add more nuts you might want to try toasting them a little before adding as they will be more flavorful. Plus upping the cinnamon to a full teaspoon should help as well. I am glad you posted this as I had a similar recipe but lost it. I think the only difference between the two is the addition of a bit of freshly ground nutmeg and more cinnamon.

    Now I know what we are having for breakfast tomorrow morning before church!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome everyone and thanks for following! Thanks for the tips Peggy-very helpful. Hope yours comes out good too! My husband said the coffee cake didn't last long at his work today-yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete