Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dr. Seuss Birthday Cupcakes

 Here's a great way to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday (March 2) or a child's birthday! I went with a giant cupcake in the from of green eggs and ham. The baby turning 1 has to have their own cake/cupcake! I used green tinted icing and the ham on top and the eggs are made from icing as well. You can use green M&M's or Skittles for the middle of the egg. I did some cupcakes as Thing 1 and Thing 2. They are yellow cupcakes with white icing. I made labels for the front of each cupcake. If using cotton candy as the "hair" for thing 1 and thing 2, you will need to put that on right before serving. ( I made these for someone who put the "hair" on last minute, therefore I do not have a photo.) Then I went with "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" cupcakes. These were some yellow and some chocolate with bright yellow icing. I used the Swedish fish (found at Wegman's bulk candy section) as well as some writing on half of them. The final cupcakes were the Dr. Seuss hats. Those were chocolate cupcakes with white icing. I then put an oreo on top of the icing. I cut large marshmallows 
into fourths and alternated with red, gummy life savers. You may need to use a spot of icing to hold the marshmallow to the oreos. 
Thoughts: These were so fun to make! It was nerve racking having them in the house until the people I made them for came to pick them up! I charged $60 for 48 cupcakes and 1 giant cupcake. Let me know if I can help you for your next party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment