Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ranch Chicken

Looking for an easy chicken recipe? Try this delicious, deep fried ranch chicken. It may not be the healthiest, but it sure is tasty! 


Thoughts: I used 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half.  I also used Three Cheese Ranch dressing rather than just the regular Ranch.  I put the dressing in one pie plate and the bread crumbs in another pie plate. (I find it easiest to dip them in glass pie plates rather than a paper plate or a plastic bag).  Rather than using a skillet, I used my deep fryer and fried the chicken for about 12 min total.  I only put in 2 pieces of chicken at a time as not to crowd the chicken too much.  The coating was nice and crisp. I may try baking it next time, just to be a bit healthier!

2 comments:

  1. I made this last night. Fried it in the skillet. Delicious, but the bread crumbs kept falling off. I am going to try baking it next time. It was juicy and tasty! Mmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent..glad you liked it. Sometimes the breading does tend to fall off esp if there isn't enough liquid coating on it. That happens to me when doing onion rings. The batter often falls off but the result is still tasty! I will bake mine next time as well.
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete