Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Classic Chicken Pot Pie

Looking for some comfort food? Why not try chicken pot pie? Click here for this quick and easy recipe. 


Thoughts: This is delicious! I highly recommend using the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts as opposed to a generic pie crust. It was incredibly light and flaky.  I took the pie crusts out of the freezer the night before and put them in the refrigerator so they only had to thaw about 15-20 min on the counter before baking.  I'm not the best "fluter" when it comes to pie crust edges so I just used a fork after I trimmed the edges a bit.  I also didn't have any frozen vegetables on hand so I cut up half an onion and a green bell pepper and added that at the end. You could also add some potatoes to this if you like. Use any other seasonings you like in addition to the salt and pepper. I didn't end up covering the crusts with tin foil at the end of baking. The edges were nice and brown and crispy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment